Pensioner the former #1 lender on Prosper by amount invested (over $750K at peak) has been generous enough to share his debt sale results with RateLadder and my readers. Thank you Pensioner. This is important information for the community at large.
All of Persioner’s loans that have been sold were done so via the May 2007 debt sale (he has also had 2 loans go bankrupt.) Prosper’s reporting of the debt sale results are here: Default Sale History and reprinted below.
Loans soldPricing (% of principal balance)Dec 2006
51 loans sold
- 27 – 30%: Homeowners with any credit grade
- 15 – 18%: Non-homeowners with a credit grade of D and above
- 3.0 – 3.7%: Non-homeowners with a credit grade of E and HR
294 loans sold
- 16 – 19%: Homeowners
- 2.4 – 3.3%: Non-homeowners
It looks like Prosper’s own reporting is slightly low. Pensioner had 1 loan sell for 21.8% However, most of his loans fall into the 2.4%-3.3% bracket.
College student in needorigination10/26/06sale05/31/07Credit GradeDDTIN/AHomeownerNoamount$2,500.00rate28.50%principal repaid$114.04sale amount$70.86% paid3.0%repositioning myself to prosperorigination10/03/06sale05/31/07Credit GradeEDTI103%HomeownerNoamount$3,549.01rate29.00%principal repaid$125.94sale amount$100.45% paid2.9%Urgent Need For Help From Lenders! origination8/28/06sale05/31/07Credit GradeEDTI8%HomeownerNoamount$4,146.73rate28.00%principal repaid$191.64sale amount$118.73% paid3.0%Business Expansion origination8/21/06sale05/31/07Credit GradeCDTI36%HomeownerYesamount$8,450.50rate25.00%principal repaid$1,637.77sale amount$1,482.56% paid21.8%TO ALL LENDERS THAT FUNDED MY LOAN origination8/10/06sale05/31/07Credit GradeEDTI12%HomeownerNoamount$7,450.00rate28.00%principal repaid$475.91sale amount$205.18% paid2.9%Expanding Businessorigination8/406sale05/31/07Credit GradeDDTIN/AHomeownerNoamount$6,000.00rate26.50%principal repaid$488.37sale amount$151.72% paid2.8%Import and Distribution of Apparel origination7/28/06sale05/31/07Credit GradeDDTI13%HomeownerNoamount$4,634.75rate24.00%principal repaid$478.65sale amount$109.98% paid2.6%Related PostsRelated Websites
- Whitehawk Ranch Golf Club, Lake Tahoe, CAWhitehawk Ranch Golf Club is located near Lake Tahoe, CA Phone: 530-836-0394 Website: http://www.golfwhitehawk.com/golftoday.htm Course History: Dick Bailey designed this magnificent course that stretches out over nearly 7000 yards. It was carved into the Mohawk Valley and the natural terrain makes for a game that is challenging for all players……
- Pay Debt or Build Emergency Fund?What do you do? Save money for an emergency, when rates on savings are now well below 1%, or pay off the debt, especially credit card debt which can be at or above 30% per year? Two schools of thought, one vocal one suggesting it’s irresponsible to forgo an emergency……
- Different types of loansSometimes, issues around finance and money can be confusing, particularly when certain jargon or technical terms are used. In reality though, the concepts are easy to grasp when you learn what the language means. There are many different types of loan, for example, some of which are useful in particular……
- How Much Interest Do You Pay Monthly?I canâ€™t believe it has been 19 months since I last determined how much interest I pay to financing companies!Â I remember how I felt when I wrote that post, while I understood how amortization loans worked and that financing costs were inevitable it wasn’t until I did the……
- My Lessons on Buying a Car. This post was originally written at the start of 2009, but has been lost on my PC until now, so I thought I’d share with you now. My wife and I just bought a new minivan, and I thought I’d share some of the lessons I learned along the way…….
Online StoresIf you liked this article, vote for it on del.icio.us and stumbleupon.