I got this email yesterday (I guess becasue I live in the Bay Area).
We invite you to meet Prosper’s CEO, Chris Larsen, at the Silicon Valley Microfinance Network’s (SVMN) talk on Monday, September 10. Chris will be speaking alongside the president of Kiva.org, Premal Shah. Prosper is honored to be a guest of the SVMN and to share the floor with Kiva, a well-respected colleague in the person-to-person online lending space.
- Host: Silicon Valley Microfinance Network (SVMN)
- Subject: How technology is making an impact and enabling innovation in microfinance, as well as how peer-to-peer (’P2P’) communication and social networking are used to support and distribute financial services.
- Speakers: CEO of Prosper.com, Chris Larsen and the president of Kiva.org, Premal Shah
- Date: Monday, September 10
- Time: 6:00 pm PST – 8:30 pm PST
- Event Location:UC Berkeley Extension (Redwood City)1991 BroadwayRedwood City, 94063Google Map; Yahoo Map
- Ticket Information:Advanced Purchase: $20 regular attendee; $10 for students & non-profits (with ID).At the door: $25 regular attendee; $15 for students & non-profits (with ID).
- Register in advance for discounted tickets.
We hope to see you there!