P2P lending will change the world! Banks make too much money!
In an effort to better understand the entire marketplace, I have decided to signup and start a small portfolio at LendingClub. My screen name at Lending Club is RateLadder…
I guess I am just not hip, because for me it took the off facebook launch to push my into action.
The signup process as a lender was fairly straight forward.
- Fill in your general information.
- Choose lender or borrower (not both).
- Agree to some basic agreements.
- My identify was verified automatically.
- Enter bank account information.
- I am waiting for my confirmation deposit to very my bank account.
- After I verify my bank account, I will make a deposit
- The fun begins.
As much as I love p2p lending, I am a little nervous joining a new company. So far the experience has been clean and bug free, if it continues to be so particularly in the areas of accounting my nervousness will subside. The Lending Club marketplace is smaller and thinner than the Prosper marketplace. With larger marketplaces I feel there is less of a chance of imbalance. My early days in Prosper felt like the wild wild west (sometimes they still do).
Anybody interested in discussion about Lending Club (or any of the other p2plending sites) please join me at the P2P No Bank Forum (independent forums for all P2P lending sites).
- Email From Lending ClubI received an email from Merry Richter (Director of Content and Marketing at Lending Club). The email is basically announcing that lending club is now…
- P2P No Bank — Aggregating P2P Lending Blogs — Covering Kiva, Lending Club, Prosper, Zopa, and more.I think my readers would like to know about: P2P No Bank. P2PNoBank aggregates all known blogs that blog about p2p lending semi-regularly. It does…
- BankServ powers innovative Lending Club person-to-person lending and borrowing platformBankServ powers innovative Lending Club person-to-person lending and borrowing platform SAN FRANCISCO, 7 August, 2007 — BankServ, worldwide experts in electronic payments, today announced…
- Prosper vs Lending Club — The First 100 DaysLast week Lending Club had a post about their first 100 days — 100 Days and a Million Dollars in Loans!… This got me thinking,…
- Lending Club vs Prosper — The First 100 Days Take 3Yesterday and the day before, in reaction to Lending Club’s post 100 Days and a Million Dollars in Loans! I did a straight comparison on loan…
If you liked this article, vote for it on del.icio.us and stumbleupon.