I have been reading a lot about SEO lately. It seems there are quite a few things you need to do in order to have Google think highly of your blog and send visitors.
1st and foremost is content: original, compelling, and on topic content. While I just started my blog (December 06), I have been averaging 2 posts per day of content. I don’t mean to toot my horn, but I hope you find it as interesting, compelling, and on topic as I do. I have spent significant amount of time thinking about and working on posts.
I had a minor reddit flood for my post comparing a CD Ladder to a Prosper.com portfolio. (1000 users 2000 page views.) Spent most of one day on the 3rd page. Use Prosper and get a 312% Increase over a CD Ladder for Your Emergency Fund.
I was asked to speak at a prosper days session in February: Third Party Application Showcase. This happened after I adjusted the prosper data dump to work with SQL Server 2000 and posted it on my blog. (It only works with SQL Server 2005 by default.)
I promise to continuing posting to the blog and follow my prosper journey for at least 3 years.
Are you interested in a link exchange? Add a link from your site’s main page to http://www.rateladder.com/. Send me an email to kevin [at] rateladder [dot] com asking for a reciprocal link. I am very responsive. I am not sure if I am supposed to be picky or not, but please have a page rank (not zero) OR relevant content.
I am not an SEO expert, but if anyone out there is and has suggestions for me I would be interested. I find the topic compelling.
Related PostsRelated Websites
- Save a Load on Metamucil (and Personal Finance Links)In keeping with the trend I started around a month ago, here are seven things I think this week: I think that I found a new product that’s worth buying coupons on Ebay. I saw that the local military commissary has Metamucil’s Clear and Natural Fiber Substitute available for $6.99……
- BMW Automaker Internet Page Disallowed From A Major Search Engine For Sp*mming Major Search EnginesBBC NEWS breaks search engine optimization sp*m news, during this story has been making the rounds of SEO/SEM forums and newsletters for the past pair of days, since Matt Cutts posted about this in his SEO blog on February 4th: http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/ramping-up-on-international-webspam/ … to start with there was little international press……
- Protect Your Rankings with Effective SEO for On-Page ElementsThe nice part about performing SEO for on page elements is that it’s super easy to do. When you are first starting out, it is not all that hard to make your fair share of mistakes. You must have a solid base of working knowledge before you attempt doing anything…….
- How Powerful Will Be The Internet?The internet may be a vital part of each of our existence. It is the internet that has brought media to universal audiences. Check out any seo forum. Within computing jargon, this identifies the internet marketing technologies. Internet marketing technologies provide users a way of giving instant tendencies to whatever……
- Easy Ways to Increase Organic Visitors to Your Corporate BlogIn many people’s opinion, organic traffic is the best. It’s free, it’s targeted and nine times out of ten, you’ll get a much better response, whether it’s for a company promotion, getting readers to your blog and building up solid relationships. Let’s take a look at just a few easy……
Online StoresIf you liked this article, vote for it on del.icio.us and stumbleupon.