I received an email from Merry Richter (Director of Content and Marketing at Lending Club). The email is basically announcing that lending club is now a marketplace off of Facebook in addition to on Facebook. I must have signed up for marketing email.
Greetings from Lending Club!
After 100 days as a Facebook application and $1,000,000 in loans issued among Facebook members, Lending Club is opening its doors to the general public.
You can now sign up directly on lendingclub.com . While Facebook is still a valued partner, it is no longer required that you have a Facebook account to use Lending Club.
Borrowers can apply for loans from $500 to $25,000 using an easy online application, and lenders can build diversified loan portfolios based on their credit preferences and affinity relationships. Whether you are a borrower or a lender, you’ll get better rates than those offered by banks and credit card companies.
Lending Club’s proprietary technology, LendingMatch, helps lenders quickly identify the best loan opportunities based upon personal affinities such as geography, workplace, education and associations. LendingMatch sorts among affinity criteria that includes 47,000 US cities; 1,000 companies; 500 government agencies; 6,300 colleges and universities; 1,600 national associations and other organizations; as well as up to 6 million active Facebook groups and networks.
At this time, you can be either a borrower or a lender, but not both. Please choose wisely!
Better Rates. Together.
Merry from Lending Club
Related PostsRelated Websites
- Lending Club ReviewI am now an official member of the peer to peer lending scene at Lending Club. Over the last couple years I have read a lot of positive reviews of sites like Lending Club, but never fully investigated the opportunities to participate in peer to peer lending there. Between the……
- Finovate Startup 2009 Live TwitterI am attending Finovate Startup 2009. It is an action packed 1 day format which I belive will lend itself perfectly to a live twitter. Stay tuned it should be an amazing day. http://twitter.com/BlogTrafficExch In the break I have scheduled some talks with SimplFi, Mint, and Calendar Budget. I am……
- Lending Club Review and ProgressA few months ago I decided to give social lending at Lending Club a try (my Lending Club review). I was intrigued by Lending Club’s business model, and having a little experience on the other side of the loan officer’s table, I thought maybe I could score a decent return. ……
- Lending Club is Dead[Update: It looks rumors of Lending Club’s death was premature. It was actually my best investment last year. You can sign up at Lending Club.] I, like many other Lending Club members, received a distressing e-mail a couple of days ago (Lending Club Reviewed). I waited until now to sort……
- A Faster Way to Review Lending Club Notes~ ~ ~ December 2010 Update: Earning 15.6% NAR on Lending Club investment portfolio. ~ ~ ~ Now that I’ve become something of a Lending Club investor junkie, and who wouldn’t when earning 14%, I’ve probably spent several hours per month cruising the loan application database searching for the perfect……
Online StoresIf you liked this article, vote for it on del.icio.us and stumbleupon.