My own feelings are that groups shouldn’t matter to lenders… There is a vocal bunch that claim only good groups matter… I personally think the only place for groups is in borrower generation and education. Source new borrowers and educate any borrower. And get paid for it. Personally, I wouldn’t mind having an affiliate account.
That being said… I caused a minor uproar on the forum today by suggesting that I don’t care that a GL is buying a 5 star rating because it doesn’t affect my lending decision. The target of the posts was the 2 millionaires.
I decided to talk straight to the horse. I have their answers to
I will be publishing their responses, but I thought I would give the uninitiated a chance to catch up… I should warn my readers there is bad blood on both sides of the argument and neither holds any punches. It is fascinating reading.
Here is the forum thread I started today: http://forums.prosper.com/index.php?showtopic=22124. It has some links to additional background threads.
Check back tomorrow to hear from the 2 millionaires.
p.s. for a sneak peak check out the comments on my post from this morning (2 millionaires and leporello… a good summary of both sides: http://rateladder.com/2007/03/26/two-millionaires-keep-5-star-group-rating-with-community-payments/
- New Prosper Forum Becomes RealityChrisFS called it — New Prosper Forum.Â With the site upgrade tonight Prosper announced a new forum.Â Here is the official announcment… Dear Prosper Community, Today we are announcing the start of a new discussion forum system that will replace the existing forums. The forums were established to help guide……
- WSJ Features ProProsper in P2P Lending ArticleOptions Grow For Investors To Lend OnlineÂ –Â More Sites Join Prosper.com In Luring the Risk-Tolerant; Hammered by Late Payments…Â Here is the segment on ProProsper: Over a dozen independent Web sites, mostly geared to Prosper lenders, have emerged in recent months to help lenders make better investing decisions. ProProsper.com, for example,……
- November Prosper Marketplace Survey ReleasedProsper released the November marketplace survey and coresponding comentary from Chris Larsen… I particularly like the insight in the last paragraph… Of great interest is the anecdotal evidence of prime and near prime borrowers turning to Prosper for loans that would have historically been steered toward mortgage, auto, and home……
- Please Close Major Loophole for Deadbeat Lender/Group LeadersThere has been a minor uproar on the forums over deadbeat lenders/group leaders.Â That is to say, Prosper.com members that are lenders and borrowers with late payments on the loan given to them.Â The consensus seems to be that Prosper should be impounding the loan payments they are receiving in……
- Security Message from Prosper Last Night: Group leader on Prosper is subject to a Federal Trade Commission (FTC) settlement Dear RateLadder_com, It has come to our attention that one of the group leaders on Prosper is subject to a Federal Trade Commission (FTC) settlement order that bans him and his related companies from advertising, marketing, promoting, offering for sale, or selling any credit-related goods or services, or assisting others……
Related WebsitesOnline StoresIf you liked this article, vote for it on del.icio.us and stumbleupon.